Saturday, April 4, 2015

Another year

Last year I took a picture of my back porch garden on April 4th.  I went, as I often do, to look at what I had from a year ago, and lo and behold, I had taken a picture on the same day the previous year.  It was amazing this difference. Two years ago was a standard Texas winter... last year was very cold and had a very deep late freeze.  So the difference between the beds was startling.





I decided to take another picture today - one year later, to compare. We had a late freeze again this year, though not as bad (late or cold) as the previous year.  Some of the roses are just starting to bloom, but the salvia has not yet. My day lilly and roses keep getting a little bigger, but the Damianita  doesn't look quite as healthy as last year. The dwarf coreopsis is still hanging on by a thread.  ANd I have started not cutting the dwarf pomegranate back in the fall. I've found that it greens out from what looks like dead branches.  So even though they are a bit of an eye sore during the winter, I keep it uncut.  And you can really see a difference in my loquat hiding in the back!

I had some liquid seaweed on hand, so I gave all the plants a dose of it.  We'll see how that works!

April 5, 2014



April 4, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips