Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January Roses

It is hard to believe, but we have not yet had a hard freeze here, yet.  We have had a couple of nights gets down to 32 degrees (enough to kill our potted basil - which we forgot to bring in), but many of the warm weather plants are still alive.

It has been rather dry recently, so today I went out and watered all the backyard plants.

My roses are in full bloom, and bring a bright smile on a cool January day :o)




I also have a few small blooms on my strawberries.  I am not sure if I am supposed to let them be, or pluck them to let the plant grow.  For now, I'll just let them be.


My blackberries have turned their winter shade of magenta.  They seem to have grown back a little from the trimming I gave them last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips