Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Today's Harvest


45 onions
1 tomato - the first of the season!






With a full week of rain in the forecast, I decided it might be time to pull the onions.  The first stalks fell over about two weeks ago, and at this point, they have all fallen over except for one or two.


Most of the notes I read say to set the onions in the sun to dry for a day or two, but since there was no sun in the forecast, I just set them out in the garage.

All told, I think I have pulled up just over 50 onions.  Woot!  That should keep us for awhile!

I also found my only red tomato sitting on the ground.  I tmust have fallen off. There is now one more on the same plant that is just starting to turn red.  It looks like this one did 5 days ago, so I am hoping it will be ready to eat next week!  Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips