Friday, May 22, 2015

An empty garden

I have pulled up the onions and most of the potatoes, leaving a big hole in my garden. The carrots are just waiting to be picked. Although I still have a bunch of tomatoes on the vine, lots of tiny cucumber buds, some tomatillos, the garden feels sort of ... empty.

So, I stopped by the Natural Gardener today and picked up five more melon plants and one Jack pumpkin.

That should fill it in :o)

I have never had much luck with melons.  Every year, I plant a few plants, and I'm lucky if I pull one melon off. But with so much rain and cool weather in the forecast, I thought I'd give it another try this year. 

We'll see.  Most of the plants seem to show a 75 - 85 days to harvest, so we're looking at early to mid-August before we see anything from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips