Friday, March 29, 2019

Anticipation

With the late freeze, and with most of my Irises having only been transplanted in the last year, and given the late date with nothing to show (almost April) I did not expect any blooms from my Irises this year. 

But while watering my back fence garden this evening, I looked over and noticed this long stalk, so close to blooming. I watered this bed just the other day, and didn't see anything, so I don't know if I missed it, or it just popped up very quickly.

I am very excited to watch over the next few days, to see what appears!

Last year, I only had one bloom, and it was just a few inches from the ground.

These are not the irises I dug up from my mother-in-law's last year, but the ones I got free from Natural Gardener two years ago...

So I have no idea what variety they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips