Sunday, March 19, 2017

Peter's Purple Bee Balm and a new Jerusalem Sage

I picked up two new plants for the front bed today. 

Jerusalem sage
The Jerusalem sage has done so well in the back yard, and it has filled the space so nicely, that I wanted to try it in the front yard. I placed it in the center of where the Artemesia was for the last two years.  

Peter's Purple Bee Balm
I was looking for something that would be drought tolerant for the front of the bed. What I really wanted was Globe Mallow, but NG did not have any. I saw a pot of Bee Balm, and picked it up instead.  We have tried growing this from seed, for the bees, with no luck, and I think I even planted some in the back side bed, but I thought I'd give it one more try in the front bed.  Hopefully it will grow and keep the bees happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips