Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Planting tomatoes

I am trying something new this year - container gardening. Partially because I have run out of room in my main garden (and the extra garden is just too shaded) and partly because I want to try something new :o)




To make these pots, I followed Youtube's directions for placing one 5 gallon bucket inside another, with the bottom being the reservoir and the top holding the dirt.  I put towels wicking up from the reservoir into the plant area.

I planted an Early Girl, Better Boy and Husky Cherry Red.

In my regular garden, I planted a Phoenix and a Celebrity.  Now I know it is really early.  It is hard to believe, but we actually could get another frost. But with temperatures staying all month in the 70s to 80s, I thought I'd give it a gamble :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips