Friday, March 11, 2016

A small harvest


I went out to the garden and harvested a small amount today.  The snap peas (or were they snow peas, I just can't remember), have started to really produce. They are an odd yellow, white color and not the dark green I was expecting.  Not sure if that is the variety, or something missing in the soil?





The strawberries are still producing a few every other day, nothing like the harvest I was hoping for.  Next year, I will plant them earlier, and hopefully get them to grow more before they start producing.  Maybe pluck off the earlier flowers, as hard as that is!

And the radishes are growing great!  I planted three small rows of them - all at the same time.  Oddly enough, the first row has many harvestable fruit, the second row is a bit small, and the third row looks like it is just getting started. That works out well for my family, as we only eat a few at a time in salads, but I am curious about the difference in growth rate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips