Saturday, April 5, 2014

The difference a year makes



So, I was updating my journal about this year's beds, and dropped into last year's notes to compare.  And it turns out I had taken photos just a day earlier. 


April 5th, 2014

We had a very cold winter, and a much later frost than usual this year.  On March 3rd, we had a low of 24 and then our last frost was on March 4th with a low of 30.  And low temperatures, even when not freezing, were far below normal.

As you can see from the photo below, by this time last year, everything was in bloom.

Now, on the plus side, a closer look at my Damianita (which has grown quite a bit since last year!) has yellow tips at the end of every branch, and I have a few white rose buds just popping out.  I think it another two weeks, this bed may look a little more like the one below!

April 4th, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips