Saturday, February 6, 2021

Waterwise Austin

My first garden with Water-wise Austin, I converted a grass and weed covered hill into a flower garden full of native plants.  Over the years, it has filled in and grown. I frequently get compliments from neighbors, who have altered their walking paths to view my garden :)  Here it is in full bloom:





This spring, I planted two new Water-wise gardens, a "solar garden", which filled in the hottest driest part of my yard. Now, instead of struggling grass, I have these gorgeous flowers (this all grew up in one year!).  And a "shade" garden, which turned out to have more sun then I realized.  Here are some photos from the solar garden.  The shade garden is still filling it.


Here is a before and after example photo of the shade garden when I first planted it.  I wish I had taken more photos in the fall, because although it didn't fill in as much as the solar garden, seeing this early spring photo makes me realize how much it has already grown. 

AFTER


BEFORE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips