Monday, July 6, 2020

July Flowers

The start of hell season in Texas, I thought I'd capture some of the flowers that are glowing this morning, before the 100 degree temps really hit.



The South back side of my front garden always shines this time of year.  Both the Brazilian and regular Rock Roses are in full bloom, as is the purple skullcap.



And nothing says summer quite as well as a Pride of Barbados in bloom!



Gregg's Mist flower has its misty little flower in bloom as well.



My coneflowers are always late to bloom, for some reason.  But that just means they look fantastic up against the blooming Esperanza :)



And this little verbena that I transplanted from the nearby grass also adds some color.



And the Englemann daisies that were also late to bloom, are still adding their pop of yellow.



My new Mutablis rose is still small, and somewhat overshadowed by the wild Evening Primrose that I decided to keep in the bed.  But I know this beautiful rose will soon grow much larger, leaving the primroses to glow it its feet :)



Of all the gardens I have built, this new solar garden has grown up and given me joy earlier than any other bed.  I am not sure why, but this garden is filled with flowers in just the first few months.  i love looking over the yard, to an area that was always a brown eyesore, and instead seeing all of these glowing colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips