Saturday, January 23, 2021

Couldn't resist buying something

It has been at least a month since I have planted something in the ground, maybe longer.  And the days are getting longer and warmer.  We have a whole week of nice weather ahead of us.  So, I couldn't resist a trip to Leaf to look at their clearance plants.  Sadly, there were no new plants there, just the same little plants that had been there for the last few weeks.  


I decided to just go ahead and buy them, not even knowing what they were.  One was identified as a photina.  Not a plant I would normally buy as it is non-native, but I put it in the ground anyway.


They also had Emerald Snow Lorapetulum, which looks pretty in the photos, but there is not a whole lot of anectdotal photos yet... I guess a newer plant.  One of the plants I purchased was identified as a "hibiscus", but the persons checking me out felt like it was mis-marked and probably a Skyflower Duranta.  Its leaves certainly look more like a Duranta then a hibsicus to me... And the last plant, they had no idea what it was.  Some kind of sage or salvia, maybe?  Ah well, not my most successful purchases, but for $12, it at least got me digging in the dirt :o)


I also decided to put my Oakleaf Hydrangea in the ground today.  I may regret it, if a cold front blows in, in the next two weeks, but maybe I can cover it up...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips